« Home | March in February » | Hello Ladies,Just wanted to remind you guys that b... » | Ice Days » | Welcome Summer!!! » | I've noticed a couple book club blogs that rate th... » | February Book Suggestion » | February Book Club! » | Our next book club gathering: December » | This week's Running With Scissors book club... » | Disturbed and Intrigued... »

Pick a book for May...

I have narrowed down my very long list of books-I-wish-I-had-time-to-read to three I think might make for a good book club discussion. Please post your vote as a comment by Monday, March 26th. If you're post-challenged, then send me an email. [I have changed the setting to allow all posts without moderation--so 1) include at least your initials so I know you're not some random person voting and 2) if you see something inappropriate posted let me know so I can delete it.] I'll post the final selection on Tuesday, March 27th.

In no particular order, the books are:


1) The Children's Hospital by Chris Adrian, "one of the most deleriously imaginative writers in America" according to Alan Cheuse, book critic for NPR.

An end of the world story, where the only surivivors are aboard a floating hospital, is narrated by four angels.




2) The Thirteenth Tale: A Novel by Diane Setterfield

"A plain girl gets wrapped up in a dark, haunted ruin of a house, which guards family secrets that are not hers and that she must discover at her peril." from Publishers Weekly




3) Strange Piece of Paradise by Terri Jentz

Terri Jentz returns to the scene where 30 years earlier, during a cross-country bike trip, she and a friend were brutally attacked by an ax-weilding assailant who was never brought to justice.

Gee, I have no idea what kinds of books you all are into, but might I suggest Marching Powder by Thomas McFadden and Rusty Young?

They've even got a website, but the actual book is truly amazing.

I vote fot "the thirteenth tale"

The blogsite looks fantastic V!!
My vote is for "The Children's Hospital" sounds like a great book.

I don't know what happened in the other 12 tales but I vote for the Thirteenth Tale
he he he

I'm up for any of them. They all look great!

Patricia

Post a Comment

Upcoming Books

Upcoming Wednesday Gatherings

  • June 13th hosted by Summer
  • July 11th hosted by Vivian
  • Aug 8th hosted by Patricia

Previous Books 2007

  • JANUARY: The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
  • FEBRUARY: March by Geraldine Brooks
  • MARCH: Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe: A Novel by Fannie Flagg
  • APRIL: A Simple Plan by Scott Smith
  • MAY: The Thirteenth Tale: A Novel by Diane Setterfield

Previous Books 2006